[open-cobol-list] Open COBOL Build 426 Not Finding Modules

From: Marty Heyman
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Open COBOL Build 426 Not Finding Modules
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:39:38 -0400

In empathy with message from Velt (below), I took Patrick’s advice and added
/usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig … and get the same error. I
am running cobc 2.1.0 on xUbuntu. The session fragment:

—— START ——
address@hidden:~/Projects/PlanBTest/mhWork$ make clean;make;./PGTest
rm PGTest
cobc -I../copylib -L/usr/lib -lpq -std=mvs -x ../cobol_source/PGTest.cbl
Before connect:0x0000000000000000
libcob: Cannot find module 'PQconnectdb'
address@hidden:~/Projects/PlanBTest/mhWork$
——END ----

shows the behavior. I have the same problem on Fedora 12. lib cob appears to be
found but does not seem to be able to find libpq. The code is Brian Tiffin’s
example of accessing postgres directly through libpq (form the FAQ.
On 15/09/14 05:54 AM, Veit Heise wrote:
> Hello Friends...
> My open-cobol is dys-functional! I find no other word, to describe my
> problem:
>     - when I make a CALL from a with -x compiled executable, and call
> a -m compiled module or subprogram, under UBUNTU,
>         * my module would not be found .... or
>         * my module is crashing, if it contains any own screen section!
> I think, there must be anything wrong in the module-loader-context....
> or in the module-loader itsself...
> Who may help?
> Greatings from Germany...
> --
> Info Veit Heise
>

>       Veit Heise
>
> Breslauer Str. 24, 63477 Maintal, Germany
>
> Phone +49-6181-6108324, Mobile +49-173-244-0194

Hi Veit

Have you tried editing /etc/ld.so.conf and adding in /usr/local/lib, I
usually have to do this. Don't forget to run ldconfig after.

-Patrick

—
Marty Heyman
510-290-6484 (Mobile)