[open-cobol-list] Limitations on move corresponding and on display usage

From: John Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Limitations on move corresponding and on display usage.
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:59:40 -0500

I tried a short cut to printing out a
indexed-sequential record. I gave the LINE
SEQUENTIAL receiving record fields the same
fields  except I changed some pic clauses
from 9(6)v99. to 9(6).99. or from 99 to XX. Then
I used MOVE CORRESPONDING from one record to
another.

that didn't work. In the receiving  record
I got strings of @ characters. But if I just
renamed the receiving fields by adding "-p" and
then moved FOO to FOO-P and BAR to BAR-P in
the receiving record everything worked fine.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press