gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] beginner & object init order

From: Karlis Peisenieks
Subject: [Gnue-dev] beginner & object init order
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:41:03 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

While playing around with Forms (composing .gfd by hand) I came accross a
problem with object init. If <datasource> is placed before <database> and
there is no valid entry for database in connections.conf, running form
fails. This is because GFDatabase adds info to connections list in
init phase 0, but GDataSource already wants this info in init phase 0, so
ordering tags in def. file matters. Unluckily Designer places <database>
tag at the end by default (or at least in my case it was so, and it is so
in number of form samples).

Perhaps datasource init should be moved one "initphase" up, so GFDatabase
gets chance to init first?

Another thing - I am beginner with GNUe and Python, but have some
programming background. Where I can find an up-to-date TODO list, to
choose area for contributing?

Karlis