gnue-sb-discuss

[gnue-sb-discuss] Help needed !!

From: cv cv
Subject: [gnue-sb-discuss] Help needed !!
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello people .
    I am Nilesh Trivedi , from India.

I want to develop a opensource (free software) framework which will simplify the development of VSBM - Very Small Business Management applications specific to any type.
The main features will be :-

(1) It should not be network dependent because it is targeted for very small businesses ( initially in India ) which generally have only 1 computer for all purposes with no internet access. Also it should be OS independent.

(2) It should not make any assumptions about the type of business , tax rules , operating system etc.

(3) No GUI code should be there.

(4) It will have different modules like accounting , contact management , CRM , Payroll, inventory etc.

(5)This should be in the form of a library which can be used by applications written in C. ( because I like C ;-) )

   Of course, a project takes a direction depending on the developers working on it. I am soon going to launch this project on SourceForge. Since I own a hotel business , modules like inventory will be implemented later.

    Now, the thing is that i dont want to reinvent the wheel again. But I didn't find any suitable existing project on SourceForge.

So can anybody tell me how useful will GNU Enterprise for me and if it is too complex for my project, then point me to any existing project where i can help.
       Thanks ...

Do you Yahoo!?