gnue

Documentation File Formats

From: J. Childers
Subject: Documentation File Formats
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:02:58 -0700 (PDT)

Now that it's out, what do you guys think about standardizing documentation in
OpenOffice file
formats? It supports text, drawing, flowchart, images, spreadsheets, everything
I think
documentation would need and it would be very accessible to newbies like me :)
And er, not that I
have anything against DocBook (except of course I am totally ignorant about
it!)... OpenOffice
wasn't an option when the GNUe project got started.

OpenOffice saves docs as XML and has pretty strong revision tracking, which
might also be nice.

Thoughts?