gnue

Re: [GNUe]Basic question (after illness)

From: Julio Cesar Gazquez
Subject: Re: [GNUe]Basic question (after illness)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:55:14 -0300

El Sáb 28 Jun 2003 22:22, Jason Cater escribió:

>  Yes, Designer 0.5.0 had quite a few "issues". Designer has come a long way
>  in CVS, but I still have several bugs to deal with before we can release
>  0.5.1.  But I think most will agree, it's becoming much more usable.

Of course. I understand it, as significant changes were made for 0.5.0
release. The most notorius is that sometimes adding fields results in block
fields without the matching entry (Or it was in the other way?)

>  > The multiblock wizard works well, I got a nice effortless master-detail
>  > form. What else do I need?
>  >
>  > * Lookup fields: There is a simple way to show, by example, part names
>  > besides an entry part number? Or even picking the part in a combo?
>
>  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, so I can't comment.

I found the answer in the "location" example, into the Forms source package:

<field name="state" field="state" fk_description="description"
             fk_key="state" fk_source="validator">

That didn't come in Windows' package, so I didn't see it until I did a
proper, from source Linux instalation.

I also tried this:

      <field name="state" field="state" fk_description="description"
             fk_key="state" fk_source="validator">
        </field>
      <field name="statedesc" field="state" fk_description="description"
             fk_key="state" fk_source="validator">
[...]
      <label name="Label_2" text="State" c:x="12" c:y="1"/>
        <entry block="county" field="state" rows="10" c:width="2" c:x="12"
c:y="
2"/>
      <entry block="county" field="statedesc" rows="10" style="dropdown"
             c:width="10" c:x="15" c:y="2"/>

Is this correct?

>  > * Hiding the standard toolbar and menus. Those are nice for quick hacks,
>  > but by any means should be available in most cases.
>
>  You can define an On-Startup trigger that disables the toolbar and menu.
>  You can look in the mail archives for the syntax as I forget at the
>  moment.

I'll do... Thanks...

--
Saludos