gnue

[GNUe] GNUe-Forms: computing totals

From: Adrian Maier
Subject: [GNUe] GNUe-Forms: computing totals
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:58:54 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a form that contains a block (grid-mode)
and additionally a field that contains the total corresponding
to one of the block's fields.
The total_field would be recalculated after committing (inside
a POST-COMMIT trigger).

I have read the chapter on datasources in the "gnue-common
developer's guide", but it is unclear to me whether i should use
the DataSourceWrapper class is what i need or not.

In fact, my question is :
   How do I execute (inside a gnue-forms trigger) an arbitrary SQL
   command like "select sum(coalesce(SOME_COLUMN,0)) from SOME_TABLE"
   and how do i gather the returning values ?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

Adrian Maier