gnue

Re: [GNUe] Executing forms

From: Adrian Maier
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Executing forms
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:03:53 +0200

On 11/7/06, Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 07.11.2006, 15:07 +0200 schrieb Adrian Maier:
> - try gnue-navigator.  It seems easy to use, but it can only call
> forms,
>   reports and executables . I need more than that.

That seems the most natural option, as actually navigator's purpose is
exactly that. What would you need that you can't do with navigator now?

For example :
- in order to run executables i oftenly need to concatenate some command line
 arguments
- asking parameters from the user and pass them to the reports.
 The reports are not based on gnue-reports ; they are a bunch of sql and python
 scripts.
- the ability to arrange the screens however i want.   gnue-navigator has a
 predetermined and fixed appearance that doesn't seem flexible at all .
- keyboard shortcuts associated to the options in the menu.

And, for the menu I'd frankly prefer to use a real language (python, pascal,c)
instead of a descriptive solution like xml  because i'm not sure what i might
need to do some day .

--
Adrian Maier