gnue

Re: [GNUe] Where is gnue located

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Where is gnue located
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:13:36 +0200

Hello Rainer,

Am Freitag, den 26.02.2010, 12:53 +0100 schrieb Rainer Carstens:
> just out of curiosity: is gnue rather considered to be a leftover from
> frameworks like IBMs San Francisco or the OMGs BOF or is it rather
> their successor, heading to somewhat with a future.
> Developement seems to be left to one brave but lonely man, working on
> a not so small idea - IS there a future?

I've used GNUe to implement a custom application for a client.  The
application is used daily be dozens of users across Austria registering
and evaluating about 100K data rows a year.

Like any new framework there is a learning curve but with the support of
the GNUe developers it was definitely not that hard to produce working
code in a short time.

I will definitely use GNUe again for adhoc projects and hope to
contribute more.

I think all GNUe needs one larger project to finance a few folks for a
few months to polish some things up and get some integration into a
popular IDE.  The design itself seems very sound and potent as far as
I've been able to look into it.

... i.o.w. I think there is high potential for GNUe it and some sort of
Kickstart project could very well give it the critical mass it needs to
become a very productive project.

Cheers,
David

--