Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.1.9

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.1.9
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 06:45:57 -0700

> Thanks Dan for going through my patterns, I would like to know what happened
> to my 9x9 database. It was a bit big to go over by hand, pattern by pattern
> (3000 patterns). Let me send you a new database for 9x9 with less patterns
> and raise the standard of that one.

Yes, a small db would probably be good. I did not examine
the 9x9 db closely but it was contributed at the same time
as the 19x19 db which I had problems with. Could you also
make a smaller 13x13 db than the one that's currently in?

> The tests with shdaing out parts of the fullboard patterns with question
> marks is moving along. I now have a version of extract_fuseki that handles
> this. I am unsure of the results of this though, I haven't tried it in
> actual play.

As I explained we also need to revise fuseki.c so that
full board patterns are given big weight as before but
the half board patterns are given weight around 25. Did
you understand my reasons for this?