[gnugo-devel] Revision of Mans' fuseki19.db

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Revision of Mans' fuseki19.db
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:58:26 -0700

I went through the 1500 patterns in Mans' fuseki19 db
and removed irregular enclosures, approaches and moves
which are not joseki. Some of these are typical mistakes
like this:

Pattern Fuseki1368
# 3/87

+-------------------+
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...X...........O...|
|................*..|
|................X..|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...................|
|...O...........O...|
|...................|
|...................|

:8,-,value(3)

It is usually considered bad to do this unless O has a stone
on the middle right.

The revised file may be found on the development page in case
anyone wants to review my deletions. I propose to put this
in the CVS before 3.1.10.

I think Mans intends to resubmit the 9x9 and 13x13 db and
is also working half and 3/4 board patterns.