Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo-3.1.9 doesn't compile any more under with CFLAGS

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo-3.1.9 doesn't compile any more under with CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin option
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:47:48 -0700

Denis wrote:

> I usually build GNU Go using the CFLAGS=-mno-cygwin option, since it
> makes a smaller executable and I don't need the 'cygwin1.dll' when I use
> GNU Go with Jago or OpenGo. However, since version 3.1.9, it complains
> about not finding 'crtdbg.h' when compiling 'gg_utils.c'.

Thank you for this bug report.

Teun Burgers submitted a patch that he says should fix this. This
patch is available at:

http://match.stanford.edu/gnugo/patches/teun_1_10.6

It is in the GNU Go CVS. You can get the most recent version.
See:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=105

I'm not sure that you can use the patch without at least some
of the other recent patches. Most of these are available at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html

(The web cvs is working again so that page is now up to date.)

The easiest way to upgrade would be to use the CVS. Or wait
for 3.1.10. We are interested in hearing if the problem is
fixed.