Re: [gnugo-devel] two tuning exercises

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] two tuning exercises
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:10:08 -0700

Trevor wrote:

> I'll avoid the bigger questions of whether this pattern is even
> necessary as a cutting pattern, or whether additional auto-helpers
> should be added to insure that one of A or B can actually be
> captured.

Presumably what was intended here was:

; !oplay_defend_both(*,A,B)

Note that the defend_both in reading.c comes with a caveat:

 * FIXME: The current implementation only makes halfhearted
 * attempts to find coordinated defense moves. A proper implementation
 * would require some serious reading.

In this case making that change seems to fix the problem. Then
the pattern is not matched. Maybe one should have both patterns:

Pattern CC13

O?        cut!
*X
XO