Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Reorientation

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Reorientation
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:03:42 +0200

Teun wrote:

> > This patch makes the gtp reorientation work.
>
> That patch was not correct. It also changed
> reading.tst which was not intended.
>
> The attached patch removes the part affecting
> reading.tst

The patch still looks buggy to me. Have you tested that you get the
same results as with explicit reorientation of the tests?

The problem I see is that rotate() is sometimes called for in place
transformation of vertices like this:

rotate(i, j, &i, &j, ...)

but in rotate() we have e.g.

  } else if (rot == 3) {
    /* rotation over 270 degrees */
    *ri = j;
    *rj = bs1 - i;

It seems to me like the assignment of *ri on one line may corrupt the
contents of i used on the next line.

/Gunnar