[gnugo-devel] GnuGo engine via OpenGo on Linux

From: jeff greenberg
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo engine via OpenGo on Linux
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:11:35 -0700

Two things:
1.OpenGo/Linux FYI:  I'm noting this because your team seem mostly to
develop mostly under Linux.
     I just got redhat linux 7.1 up and installed on a loaner machine. I
found that the linux port of OpenGo was broken as has been reported to
me. And I've fixed it now. I can mail the changed files to anyone who'd
like the patch right now, and as soon as the patch proves not to mess up
the Windows version it'll go up on the OpenGo site
http://www.inventivity.com/OpenGo . (Wow I find it a pleasure to work
under UNIX/Linux rather than Windows...)

2. GnuGo Compatability Question: With the work on GTP,I'm wondering
whether the latest versions of gnugo will work at all under OpenGo?
OpenGo has not yet ported GTP as one of it's connection mechanisms,
though I hope someone will do it soon.  So, OpenGo connects to gnugo
using the GMP over pipes -- will this still work?  What is the
state/direction of that interface for GnuGo?

jeff greenberg