Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: life.c 1-dimensional

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: life.c 1-dimensional
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:35:27 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 05:06:02PM +0200, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
> I strongly disagree. I have tested both approaches and the compass
> macros win by a large margin. I find it much faster to visualize
> NORTH(pos) than pos-NS (which I find about equivalent to (i-1, j)),
> especially when the expressions become more complex.

Admittedly this is a matter of taste, but we really ought to find *one* way
of doing it! And I must say I put my vote with Gunnar's position, voting for
NORTH and against poss-NS.  If the name NORTH is too long and complex to
handle, I would even prefer N,E,S,W to +- NS.

-H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>