[gnugo-devel] Re: GnuGo/Jago questions

From: Gian-Carlo Pascutto
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: GnuGo/Jago questions
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:19:45 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Daniel Bump wrote:

> About the games, only if you see a game that you think
> is really interesting. GNU Go plays constantly on NNGS and
> have more of this sort of tuning material than we can
> deal with.

In other words, you need more people for tuning ;)

I'm afraid I'm too weak to help out there though.

> Which gtp client are you referring to? I suppose Tristan
> Cazenave's gtpclient but there is also Gunnar's
> gnugoclient. It might be good to see your modifications.

I used gtpclient.

The changes were rather trivial. I needed to add some delays
for it to be able to login successfully.

> Subjective opinion has it that 3.1.11 is slower than 3.0.0.

But I suppose it also plays better :)

> > c) (not really GnuGo) I've noticed Jago sometimes produces
> > SGF files with duplicated moves, which prevents GnuGo
> > from reading them in. Is this a known bug?
>
> You probably should ask Rene Grothmann if he's seen this.
> Does anything in particular seem to trigger it? (Ko or
> something?)

Not that I know of. I've attached an example game. It crashes
GnuGo when reading it in, but Jago handles it fine.

Jago 4.21, installed from the jago.zip

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build cx130-20001124 (JIT enabled:
jitc)

GMP mode vs. GnuGo 3.1.11 (level 6, which explains the silly loss
I guess)

--
GCP