Re: [gnugo-devel] --enable-dfa default

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] --enable-dfa default
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:52:22 -0700

> To prevent future divergences between the standard
> matcher and the DFA matcher and because of the
> DFA speedups I suggest to make the DFA matcher
> the default from now on.

I think we should regard both the standard and the dfa
matcher as supported. When I left the house this morning
I was running the regressions on the latest version
(with Gunnar's patch now in the CVS) and dfa configured.

The dfa has one defect: it's hard to debug.

So my view is that while we are developing the 3.1 line
we don't need to make the dfa matcher the default. We
should resolve to maintain and test it.

I could perhaps be convinced otherwise.

On the other hand we might consider making it the
default when the time comes to release 3.2.