Re: [gnugo-devel] snapback, connect.tst 23, 39

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] snapback, connect.tst 23, 39
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:35:19 +0100

Teun wrote:
> It looks to me it is more logical
> to put the snapback function from readconnect.c
> in board.c since it is potentially useful elsewhere too.

No, it has nothing to do in board.c. It has passed the boundary
between basic board manipulation and tactical reading. Should it be
moved anywhere it would be to reading.c, but there we already have
functionality to do this. To be more precise, if you want to do
snapback(str) you should instead do attack(str, NULL) and reverse the
result.

There is one exception to this rule and that is that it's not clear
whether GNU Go's tactical reading will work together with Tristan's
connection reader in readconnect.c. That's why there's a snapback()
function there.

/Gunnar