Re: [gnugo-devel] atari_atari and restricted_defend1

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] atari_atari and restricted_defend1
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 06:53:18 -0800

> Dan wrote:
> > I'm running the regressions now. It doesn't break anything
> > in atari_atari.tst, and it rejects the bogus move at move
> > 146 in viking2.sgf while finding the correct one.
>
> Did you try setting aa_threat_depth to something bigger than 1?

No. But I ran the regressions overnight and the patch produced a
few patches. It crashes:

strategy 27
strategy2 80
global 7
trevora 530

Looking at the test trevora 530 (which is only 9x9) run
gnugo -l a035.sgf --quiet -L42 -d0x040000 .

(My version of the patch made some of your traces
contingent on DEBUG_ATARI_ATARI.)

You get:

Threats on H3: [3] H1 G2 J2 G3 G2 H4 J4 J3 J2 [11]

The first and last threats are off board.

I confirmed that both versions of the patch do this.
I haven't debugged it yet.