Re: [gnugo-devel] list all owl pattern matches?

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] list all owl pattern matches?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:35:23 -0500

At 08:14 PM 11/28/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Trevor wrote:
>>  - list all matching patterns, not just 3 (something like -a)
>All matched patterns are listed in the trace output if you use "-t"
>together with "--decide-dragon".
>>  - list all matching patterns, ignoring constraints
>>     (would probably want to limit to patterns of a certain size)
Ah, yes, this works fine.  Putting this information in the SGF file
might be handy, also, as that's where I tend to be looking when
tuning.

>I'm not sure how useful this would really be. In some situations one
>can get far with a simple trick. Assume you're debugging a pattern
>with a complex constraint, say this one
This is a nice trick.

However, I'd like to locate a pattern whose conditions it might be
appropriate to tweek, assuming that I don't know that it exists.
This is probably not too useful, though, anyway.

-Trevor