[gnugo-devel] olib & xlib definition

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] olib & xlib definition
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:27:59 -0500

olib & xlib are currently defined in mkpat as:
 xlib: accurate_approxlib(%s,OTHER_COLOR(color), MAXLIBS, NULL)
 olib: accurate_approxlib(%s,color, MAXLIBS, NULL)

I think MAXLIBS here should be changed to MAX_LIBERTIES - in fact,
I did it already and it caused no regression changes.

I'd like to provide access to "approxlib" from the patterns as
well, and think that it's probably sufficient to use "approxlib"
than "accurate_approxlib" usually, so I would propose changing
xlib & olib as follows, and adding accurate_[ox]lib:

 accurate_xlib:
   accurate_approxlib(%s, OTHER_COLOR(color), MAX_LIBERTIES, NULL)
 accurate_olib:
   accurate_approxlib(%s, color, MAX_LIBERTIES, NULL)
 xlib:
   approxlib(%s, OTHER_COLOR(color), MAX_LIBERTIES, NULL)
 olib:
   approxlib(%s, color, MAX_LIBERTIES, NULL)

Does this make sense, or does someone else have a preferred naming
convention?

-Trevor