Re: [gnugo-devel] Even more warnings :)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Even more warnings :)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:30:28 -0500

>If we are still talking about the version
>
>#define TRACE  (verbose) && gprintf
>
>then perhaps a compromise might be to make a global dummy variable, and then
>use
>
>  dummy = (verbose) && gprintf
>

>It adds a little overhead, but much less than a function call.

I think this is an excellent idea.  (And yes, that's what
we're talking about!)

The dummy variable only needs to be defined on non-variadic and
non-VC systems.

BTW, is there a standard way to force a compiler warning message
that this variable assignment is being used?  For example:
  #pragma message("warning: TRACE function using assignment.")