Re: [gnugo-devel] pattern-based reading spinoffs (27.7)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] pattern-based reading spinoffs (27.7)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:05:45 -0500

At 06:49 AM 2/26/2002 -0800, Daniel Bump wrote:

>Trevor wrote:
>
>> http:/www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_1_27.7
>>  - KOMASTER_SCHEME 4 introduced
>
>Could you give an example to show why komaster scheme 4 is
>needed by the pattern based reading code?

An excellent lead-in to a question I've been pondering:

Is there any way to test a komaster scheme using GTP?

The problem I see is that the komaster parameters are changed
by komaster_trymove, and must be passed in by the next call
to komaster_trymove.  I'm not sure of the best way to do this.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.

For example, it's possible that the komaster problems that
I've seen are the pattern-based reading's problem, rather than
the komaster scheme's.

I can give an sgf file showing the blowup, but it would be
nice to be able to show a script that causes the problem, such
as with the stack overruns at:
  http://www.public32.com/games/go/bad_stack2.gz

BTW, is there any bug tracking for issues like the stack
overflow above?    Does Savannah have any bug tracking features?

-Trevor