Re: [gnugo-devel] two crashes

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] two crashes
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:31:14 -0800

> I tried to play a 60 game match of GNU Go vs GNU Go with one of them playing
> with an owl node limit of 1500 to see whether it makes any difference.
> However, I got a crash in game 30. Unfortunately, twogtp does not seem to
> save the sgf-file if a crash occurs. I copied the ASCII bug output into an
> sgf position, but this was not sufficient to reproduce the bug. (There was
> a ko in the final position.)
> Maybe this should be considered a FIXME of twogtp?

It's not just a fixme, it's an urgent fixme. During the preparations
for 3.2 we can have twogtp running day and night looking for
crashes. When there is a crash, twogtp should close the sgf file.
I could add such a feature to twogtp-a but Teun rewrote twogtp in an
"object oriented" perl style that is hard for me to figure out.