[gnugo-devel] Arend's owl speedup

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Arend's owl speedup
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 06:54:08 -0800

I ran the regressions on two GNU Go processes, with
and without Arend's owl speedup patch. There were
no changed results.

About timing, there was a real improvement. As with
his other patch, ran the two processes simultaneously
on a dual Celeron machine, and Arend has pointed out
that the results of this were ambiguous for the
previous patch. This time they are unambiguous,
showing this patch is an impressive speedup. In
fact, when I got up this morning, the patched version
was done, and the unpatched version was still
cranking away.

Patched:

real  579m2.566s
user  421m31.890s