Re: [gnugo-devel] matcher_check --stable

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] matcher_check --stable
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Arend Bayer wrote:

> Evan,
>
> I tried to use matcher_check to test my latest patch, and have two
> remarks:
>
> 1. I used
> ./matcher_check --program '../gnugo --mode gtp --quiet' --stable
> '../../../gnugo-cvs/interface/gnugo --mode gtp --quiet'
> --noilcheck --games 1 --sgffile blunders.sgf
>
> Using this, all the comments ("
> At move 30, W:
> Test version played   O2
> Stable version played S3
> ")
> got written into the .sgf-file, producing invalid sgf. Is this a bug in
> matcher_check or in my command line?

It's a bug in matcher_check.  I had added the select() statement to turn
on autoflushing.  comment out lines 206 and 207 to fix this.  A real patch
is forthcoming.

> 2. You use "gg_genmove black" for the stable version and "genmove_black"
> for the unstable version. However, these two are not the same
> (gg_genmove uses genmove_conservative instead of genmove, and uses a
> fixed seed, invalidating your otherwise correct set_random_seed code
> in matcher_check). I think you should use genmove_black for both, and
> undo the move of the stable version afterwards.

There was a reason I did it that way, but it might have been just so as
not to do unneccessary undos.  I'll fix that too.

Thanks

Evan Daniel