Re: [gnugo-devel] a patch from a newbie :)

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] a patch from a newbie :)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:29:12 +0200

Nando wrote:
> > * Change 1, 2, 3 to KO_B, KO_A, WIN wherever those macros are
> >   appropriate.
> > * Change any occurences of the form "3 - code" or "WIN - code" to
> >   "REVERSE_RESULT(code)".
>
> No traces of the use of the literals 1 or 2 in place of KO_?.
> (cosmetic patch below)

I've added this patch to CVS. However, the patch was broken in a few
places like here:

> -  SGFTRACE(best_move, WIN - best_other_tactic, "No good tactic.");
> +  SGFTRACE(best_move, REVERSE_RESULT(best_other_tactic), "No good
> tactic.");

Presumably this is your mailer inserting extra linebreaks, thinking it
knows better than you how to format your text. Try to find a way to
disable this misfeature. I know that some other people on the list
have experienced similar problems so maybe someone can help if you
don't know how to do that.

/Gunnar