Re: [gnugo-devel] Revision of trevor_3_11.1

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Revision of trevor_3_11.1
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 12:34:45 -0500

At 07:05 AM 11/2/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>> The patch trevor_3_11.1 adding anchors to owl_attackpats.db
>> conflicted with Nando's patch which went into the cvs last
>> week.
>>
>> I posted a patch called trevor_3_11.1a which is a merge
>> with the current cvs.
>>
>> I added an anchor to every pattern with Nando's initials.
>> I could have missed a few patterns.
>
>Unfortunately the patch does not compile.
>
>Dan

When the anchors are specified explicitly (w/ Y or Q), the constraint
diagram must use Y or Q (or some other letter), but may not use
X or O.  If this is too annoying, the compiler could be changed not
to require this match.

Here's a revision of the revision that compiles, though I've not run
the regressions on it:

http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_3_11.1b

I generated this diff with, so it would look similar to trevor_3_11.1a
(created by Dan), and got the following apparently innocuous
error message:

$ cvs diff -C10 -u patterns/owl_attackpats.db > trevor_3_11.1b
cvs server: conflicting specifications of output style

-Trevor