Re: [gnugo-devel] Go as SPEC benchmark?

From: James Fulton Koehler
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Go as SPEC benchmark?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:44:10 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

> > My best guess is that something goes wrong with the POS macro, like
> > being picked up from somewhere in the system instead of the one we
> > define in liberty.h. But I can't see how that could pass without the
> > compiler complaining.
> >
> > Btw, I assume this is GNU Go 3.2. Is that correct?
>
> So were there any compiler warnings?
>
> Dan

Yes, it is gnugo-3.2.

Yes, there were some warnings - loader warnings, actually.  (You see that
I wasn't kidding when I said I had not done my "due dilligence.")

I captured the make using script, and here are the three loader
messages.  They're basically the same thing occurring in different
places.

Here are the error messages.  I'll take a quick look.  But I'll read some
more of the documentation over the weekend.  Then I hope I can be more
systematic about this.

 - Jim

---------------------------------- (Making patterns) ----------

tterns.a ../engine/libengine.a libpatterns.a ../sgf/libsgf.a
../utils/libutils.a
 libdfa.a -lcurses -lm
ld: Type mismatch for symbol "move"; resolving OBJECT symbol (in file
../engine/
libengine.a[move_reasons.o]) to FUNC symbol (in file
/usr/lib/hpux32/libcurses.s
o)
1 warnings.
----------------------------------- (Making debugboard) --------

        cc  -g   -o extract_fuseki  extract_fuseki.o
../engine/libengine.a libpa
tterns.a ../engine/libengine.a libpatterns.a ../sgf/libsgf.a
../utils/libutils.a
 libdfa.a -lcurses -lm
ld: Type mismatch for symbol "move"; resolving OBJECT symbol (in file
../engine/
libengine.a[move_reasons.o]) to FUNC symbol (in file
/usr/lib/hpux32/libcurses.s
o)
1 warnings.

        cc  -g   -o debugboard  main.o gui.o display.o
../../engine/libengine.a
 ../../patterns/libpatterns.a  ../../patterns/libdfa.a
../../sgf/libsgf.a  ../.
./utils/libutils.a -lcurses -lm