Re: [gnugo-devel] compiler warnings

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] compiler warnings
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:16:12 -0800

> This patch fixes compiler warnings in oracle.c and play_gmp.c.

On my Red Hat 7.3 system this does not fix the warnings in oracle.c,
which is related to the reason I did not fix them myself earlier.
I get:

  oracle.c:129: warning: implicit declaration of function `fdopen'

This is odd because oracle.c includes stdio.h, where fdopen is
supposed to be defined.

If I add the explicit case (FILE *) as in the first version
of Evan's patch, I still get:

  oracle.c:129: warning: cast does not match function type

If I use the second version of his patch, I get:

  oracle.c:131: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

Presumably this is related to the fact that the definition of fdopen
in stdio.h is getting overlooked.

>From /usr/include/stdio.h:

#ifdef  __USE_POSIX
/* Create a new stream that refers to an existing system file descriptor.  */
extern FILE *fdopen (int __fd, __const char *__modes) __THROW;
#endif

Perhaps __USE_POSIX is undefined. I do not get these errors when I
compile interface/gtp_examples/metamachine.c.