Re: [gnugo-devel] EB1404

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] EB1404
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:54:20 -0800

> Also, nngs3:1110 is probably wrong as written.  The original game move
> (A5) is problematic because gnugo can cut at B7.  However, the cut at C7
> also works, and gnugo currently prefers that, which is good.  But, gnugo's
> current favorite move is G7, which might be better; I don't really know.
> So, the answer should be changed to either [!A5] or [C7].

You are right that C7 is better than B7.

Although W:G7 looks big, I don't think it's really good. While
B has a weak group he doesn't have a good reducing move in
this area. W:C7 removes B's base, after which B has two
weak groups. (Another at the top.)

Another good move for W is F12, separating the two
dragons and preparing to seal in two stones at E13. I'd
like it if GNU Go would think of moves like that.

But C7 is important because if B captures at A5 then
his group is settled, and B has a large followup at B4.
By contrast after W:C7 the black group needs eyes,
and W is enormously thick.

So C7 looks like the best move to me.