Re: [gnugo-devel] matchpat

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] matchpat
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:37:54 +0100 (CET)

Paul wrote:

> can anyone explain me this (matchpat.c, matchpat_goal_anchor()):
>    * FIXME: This is not a proper solution. In any case this
>    * implementation can only handle one level of recursion, which on
>    * the other hand is all we need.
>
> how can matchpat_goal_anchor() go recursive?

Assume EXPERIMENTAL_READING. During owl reading, matchpat() found a
match for a vital owl pattern and passes it on to the callback function
in owl.c. This evaluates the constraint immediately, which happens to
contain a reading constraint, in which again matchpat() is called.
All this happens before owl_shapes_callback() returns to matchpat().

Arend