[gnugo-devel] Re: When will computer beat GO world champion?

From: Toru OMUTA
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: When will computer beat GO world champion?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:01:31 +0900

Dear GO program researchers;

I am a science reporter for the Asahi Shimbun, Japanese leading newspaper.
We would like to know when you think computer will beat GO world champion.
I myself play GO and understand to some extent that it would be a great
challenge.

Please tell me your expectation year like 2012 and the reason why you think
so by Dec.10.

We will feed back the result in anonymous base.

Thank you very much for your attention and cooperation in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Toru OMUTA

Toru OMUTA
Staff Writer
The Asahi Shimbun (Japanese daily newspaper)
Science News Section
Phone:  +81-3-5541-8631
Fax:     +81-3-3542-3217
e-mail:  address@hidden