RE: [gnugo-devel] VC repair

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] VC repair
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:09:33 +0100

Dan wrote:

> But I don't understand the problem. What conditional source file
> inclusion are you referring to? What happens when you try to
> build with VC?

read_attack.db and read_defend.db are present in the VC++ projects, whether
EXPERIMENTAL_READING is activated or not. This means that read_attack.c and
read_defend.c must be generated in all cases, compiled and linked, even if
they aren't used at runtime. When I try to compile GG with paul_3_13.9, an
error is returned for both this .db files (because I have
EXPERIMENTAL_READING 0) and the build stops.

It doesn't look easy to include read_attack.c and read_defend.c
conditionally in the patterns project. So I submitted this patch which works
for me. I hope Trevor will find a better way.

/nando