[gnugo-devel] doc revision

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] doc revision
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:47:31 -0800

I put up a patch of mostly doc revision at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/patches/doc_3_14.1

This patch starts revision of the documentation in preparation for 3.4.

I think it would be good if we changed the option --decide-dragon to
--decide-owl which is a little more descriptive of what the option
actually does. This patch makes --decide-owl a synonym for --decide-dragon
and renames the function.

Much of this patch consists of adding documentation for undocumented
options. Also material from eyes.db is integrated into the eyes
chapter, and a bit of rewriting is done in other places.

Here is a list of the remaining undocumented options in case anyone
wants to work on some of these.

If you want to write documentation it is not necessary to write it in
Texinfo. We can convert ascii documentation to Texinfo if you prefer
not to write Texinfo.

decide-combination
benchmark -b
experimental-semeai
experimental-owl-ext
semeai-variations
experimental-connections
owl-threats
no-owl-threats
standard-connections
standard_semeai
alternate-connections
gtp-input
gtp-initial-orientation
gtp-version
owl-distrust
limit-search
clock
byo-time
byo-period
autolevel
options
allow-suicide
capture-all-dead
play-out-aftermath
hash
decide-oracle
nofusekidb
nofuseki
nojosekidb
debug-influence
showtime
showscore
profile-patterns
attack-by-pattern
defend-by-pattern
mirror
mirror-limit
metamachine

- option --decide-owl is a synonym for --decide-dragon
- function decide_dragon() renamed decide_owl()
- doc revision