Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai test cases

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai test cases
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:44:09 -0700

From: "SP LEE" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Semeai test cases
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:28:11 -0700

I have added 6 semeai test cases. It appears that when one of the dragon has 3 point eye, gnugo can get the correct result, while for 4-5 point eye, gnugo can't get correct result. I have not succeeded to find the reason of the problem, but I did see gnugo didn't try until the last liberty, but jumped to conclusion after owl_estimate_life.

These cases are all on 9x9 board, so it's both easy for gnugo and people who analyze them.

SP Lee

Here is another case where gnugo doesn't try to fill liberties.
  A B C D E F G H J
9 . . . . . . . . . 9
8 . O . O . O . O . 8
7 . . O X . X O . . 7
6 O O X . X . X O O 6
5 O X X X X X X X O 5
4 O X . . . . . X O 4
3 O X O O O O O X O 3
2 O O X X X X X O O 2     WHITE (O) has captured 0 stones
1 . . . X . X . . . 1     BLACK (X) has captured 0 stones
  A B C D E F G H J

The real liberties of black should be 5, so if black moves first, white will be captured. For the command analyze_semeai c2 c3, gnugo currently answers with [3 3 E4] (GAIN??).

SP Lee