[gnugo-devel] Cast to unsigned

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Cast to unsigned
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:46:26 +0200

I am in the middle of fixing all the issues that Arend brought up.  When I
compile the current CVS version I get warnings in cache.c.

Arend, you (I think) introduced casts to unsigned in some comparisons in
cache.c.  One of them is in tt_get() and looks like this:

  if ((unsigned) remaining_depth <= hn_get_remaining_depth(*node)) {
    if (result)
      *result = hn_get_result1(*node);
    return 2;
  }

These give warnings about comparison between singed and unsigned, and before I
try to fix them, I think that I must understand the reason for the cast.  Can
you elaborate?