Re: [gnugo-devel] Can gnugo analyze my sgf files

From: Inge Wallin
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Can gnugo analyze my sgf files
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:40:45 +0200

On Sunday 10 August 2003 13:03, Johan Svensson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm currently a weaker go player than gnugo so I wonder if there is a
> way for gnugo to comment my game. I know I can do "genmove" to see
> where gnugo would play in a specific situation but I wonder if there is
> an easier way without typing genmove for each move? Kind of like the
> "Go teaching ladder" (if that is familiar to you) only I want gnugo's
> opinion.

Jajamensan!

Try running gnugo like this:

gnugo -l mygame.sgf --replay white -o outfile.sgf

if you were playing white in the game and you want gnugos opinion on the white
moves.  You can also specify --replay black or --replay both, the meaning of
which should be obvious. The opinion of gnugo will be in outfile.sgf in the
form of move values for some intersections in each position.

To get tips about what more you can do, try "gnugo --help" or "gnugo --help
debug".

> Best regards
> Johan Svensson

Lycka till!