Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: improve separation of similarly-valued moves

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: improve separation of similarly-valued moves
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:33:34 +0200

Two thoughts on this issue - perhaps too simple-minded, but ...

Am Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:08:08 +0200 (MEST) schrieb Inge Wallin <address@hidden>:

Here is a very simple patch that improves the value separation of moves
suggested by Joseki patterns.  The original code used the computed value
for a move to add a small bonus to the min value suggested by patterns.
But it only did this for non-joseki moves.  This patch removes that
limitation.

Why not set this bonus randomly from an appropriate range each move?
A carefully chosen range would assure that the best move (e.g. the joseki)
would be played at least some times.

Regression testing could then be done with range=0.