Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU GO documentation

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU GO documentation
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:43:04 -0700

Wael Hany wrote:

> we are a group of computer engineer students , interseted in the field
> of game implementation & we like to implement GO Game using C# ( c
> -sharp language ) we tried to use your GNU GO library but the
> documetation is not enough so we need more documention about the
> evalutaion functions , helper function , how to take patterns from the
> board ...etc we need a full documentation about the implementation &
> designing of GNU GO to be able to implement it using c#

The documentation supplied with GNU Go in the doc/ directory
amounts to 235 pages of printed material, and throughout the
source, every function is commented. About ``how to take
patterns from the board,'' the patterns were written by
hand, by many people, over many years.

We are sorry you don't find the documentation sufficient,
but I'm sure you can understand that a vague comment to
the effect that the documentation is not enough is
not helpful, when the supplied documentation is already
very extensive.

Daniel Bump