Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Database

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Database
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:43:21 -0700

Thanks for the advice. I mistakenly assumed that he was a new subscriber.

Cheers,
David

On Apr 20, 2004, at 6:26 AM, address@hidden wrote:

Paul wrote:
Please don't forget to CC your messages when the recepient is probably
not subscribed to the list.  I have forwarded this one.

The tesuji to determine whether a message has been posted by a
non-subscriber is to look for an "X-Mailman-Approved-At:" header line.
Non-member postings by default require a moderator approval.

When we approve a moderation request we can add the person
to a filter that automatically accepts their mail. I do this
sometimes. In this case they will be non-subscribers but their
subsequent mail will be passed on without moderator intervention.

However I think Paul's point is that David would not have
seen the message at all if he wasn't a subscriber. Unless,
of course, he saw it browsing the archives.