[gnugo-devel] looing for GNU GO testing tools to record win/loss

From: Harry Wang
Subject: [gnugo-devel] looing for GNU GO testing tools to record win/loss
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:18:27 -0700 (PDT)

I am looking for testing tools for GNU GO to record win/loss .
I remember seeing some nice automated GNU GO test result on goolge
**cache**. It was a nicely done histogram with mean, standard deviation of
a few hundred(thousands?) games played by different versions of GNU GO.
Darn, I cannot find it again.

I am able to use twogtp to play GNU GO 3.5.5 vs. GNU GO 3.4, but sure
would be nice to use a test tool to automatically generate a histogram so
I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Any ideas on a good GNU GO testing tool that can generate meaningful
graph?

my recollection of what I saw on google **cache**:

              mean: xx.xx
              std. dev.: xx.xx
X X                                X
XXXX  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...
 30+pt   10pt  5 pt  loss|win 5pt    10pt  30+pt

GNU GO 3.xx vs GNU GO 3.xx result after xxxx games

Harry Wang
Department of Computer Science
University of California Santa Cruz
Email: address@hidden
" Obedience, Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth, Makes slaves of
men "
(Percy Bysshe Shelley)