[gnugo-devel] close to release?

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] close to release?
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:47:37 +0200 (CEST)

Dan wrote:

> > Are we close to a release now?
>
> GNU Go 3.4 is already a year old. It seems to me that we are
> not very close to a release, but we are in the middle period
> of the release cycle when we should be cautious about changes
> that make the engine weaker.

One argument in favor of a release soonish is that 3.4 has an annoyingly
high number of known critical bugs. On the other hand, with now around
10 KGS bots running gnugo, we are at the moment getting more real-life
testing than ever before (I suppose everyone who can set up kgs2gtp will
also be able to send us a bug report in case of a crash). And we have
fixed all these bugs we know about in 3.4. So there is a good chance that
a soon-to-be-released-3.6 would be more stable (where "soon" does not mean
"in 2 weeks", of course).

Arend