Re: [gnugo-devel] Crash in latest CVS

From: Tom Schumm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Crash in latest CVS
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:49:56 -0400

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 04:26 am, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> I haven't looked into details, but KGSgtp handles free handicap not in a
> proper way.  Stones must not appear as moves (`B[..]'), but be added with
> AB property: `AB[..][..]...' in the same node where `HA[]' property is.
> Sorry, I'm in hurry now and cannot find the address of KGSgtp author, but
> the best you can do is to inform him about this problem.

Sorry for posting too hastily; I should have looked into this more carefully.
After correcting the SGF file the assert no longer fails.  Also looking into
it in more detail, it turns out that (at least in this case, probably the
couple others), the reason my robot died wasn't really directly related to
gnugo.

--
Tom Schumm
http://www.phong.org/