[gnugo-devel] MSVC weirdness

From: Portela Fernando
Subject: [gnugo-devel] MSVC weirdness
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:32:02 +0200

Hi again,

I'm still experiencing various difficulties with my development
environment. Specifically, I'm having discrepancies with regression
results. For instance, 183 FAILs in unconditional.tst. While I haven't
found the exact origin of the problem, I've been able to find out that

- the release build generate these 183 FAILs
- the debug build does NOT
- manually disabling the optimizations for the unconditional_life()
  function alone in the release build solves the problem

So, I'd tend to think it's just another bug in MSVC (grmbl)

Trevor, could you please tell me about your current environment ?
What SPs do you have and do you experience these problems too ?

nando, wondering about a change of platform...

PS: another quickie for Trevor :
    isn't board.dsp out of synch with the makefiles ?