Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 05:02:22 +0200

Dave wrote:
> why allow komi < 0 at all ?
>
> I know it can be used on small boards when n stones is too few but n+1
> stones is too many, but on an even game ?

Negative komi is a fully reasonable alternative to handicap stones if
players of differing strength want to play a game without handicap
stones (e.g. to get practice with even-game fuseki). Playing mirror-go
in such a game might not be quite appropriate though (and a stronger
player can usually break out of it anyway).

/Gunnar