Re: [gnugo-devel] fuseki db

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fuseki db
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:34:34 +0100

Doug wrote:
> In addition to the new .db files, I have included patches here to
> raise some limits, remove the fuseki.c popularity screen and reduce
> the pattern size to use less memory.  Still, the compiled binary is
> larger: 7.5M, as as compared to 4.4M for 3.6-pre4.  If there are
> situations where binary size is critical, a trimmed version could be
> generated.

We might consider more drastic changes as well, like using 64-bit
Zobrist hashes to identify the patterns. It could also be an idea to
distribute the patterns in a compressed format rather than .db format.
(It should of course be possible to unpack to .db format, either as
part of the build or only for inspection.)

>       488 (actually dominates most alternatives based on amateur results)
>       616 (does fine, is by far most popular)
>       649 (ditto)
>       714 (followup to 616. This move is better than ave, but see below)
>       1000 (seems ordinary)

Do you know if the joseki(?) in 616, 649, 714 appears in professional
games, although in other full-board contexts?

Personally I don't mind if GNU Go plays these five moves.

/Gunnar