[gnugo-devel] Game tree view in Quarry

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Game tree view in Quarry
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:28:41 +0200

[I'm CC'ing `gnugo-devel' as some people there are interested in
this functionality.]

Game tree view much like in Cgoban1 has been implemented in upstream
CVS version of Quarry.  It has the very same layout as in Cgoban1,
but works much faster (noticeable on huge trees only.)

Implementation is not yet finished, but is already useful.  You can
already click on a node in the view to switch to it.

Additional planned features:

* Collapsable nodes (right click to collapse/expand?)  Machinery is
  already there, mostly it is GUI frontend lacking.

* Automatic scrolling of the view to follow the current node
  (configurable.)

* Show/hide the tree view from menu.

* Maybe a way to narrow to a subtree (Emacs users will understand.)

* Zooming of the view, i.e. adjusting stones' size (most likely
  delayed.)

Known bugs:

* With really huge trees there can be glitches in line drawing.
  This is an X problem, I'll need to find a workaround.

I would like this new feature to be tested as much as possible.  Let
me know if you discover any problems.  Ideas and suggestions are also
welcome.

Paul