Re: [gnugo-devel] Tournaments

From: Evan Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Tournaments
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:20:27 -0400

> Nick Wedd has stated that programs derived from GNU Go,
> including SlugGo and Evan's GoFigure cannot play in the
> same tournament as GNU Go on KGS.
>
> Would we be willing to take a bye in a future tournament
> so that SlugGo could play?
>
> I would advocate this on the grounds that SlugGo is an
> interesting experiment, and the results might be
> interesting to see. Of course the same statement applies
> to GoFigure but I would suggest letting SlugGo have a
> shot since GoFigure has already participated in a KGS
> tournament.

Well, seeing as GoFigure only plays 9x9, and SlugGo only 19x19, we're
not exactly in competition :)

I have no objections to letting SlugGo play, and would be interested
to see the results.

I may or may not be entering GoFigure in tournaments in the near
future; there are some things I want to change with it, perhaps before
new tournaments.

Evan